Anyone able to help me on a potentially simple Remedy question that has my
team stumped?

This is in regards to a Remedy customization we need to do in our
environment.  It is with respect to custom filters invoking Direct SQL (MS
SQL 2005 database).  The SQL works PERFECT from the enterprise manager but
doesn't execute the complex query in Remedy.  I did 4 direct SQL statements.
3 are complex and don't do anything.  The simple 4th test (all are table
updates) does work.  I can't for the life of me figure out why the others
fail.  I am pasting the SQL here in case you can look into it...  I am
desperate!!!  We are writing to hidden objects within the incident record
which SLM will use for notification.

Here is a sample that works:

update HPD_Help_Desk set SLP_EMAIL_TO = 'email_address_here' where
Incident_Number = '$Incident_Number$' and Assigned_Group like '%TIER 2%'

And this one does nothing... (No errors unless I invalidate the SQL so seems
a matching issue):

update HPD_Help_Desk set SLM_EMAIL_TO =
(rtrim(ltrim(substring(Assigned_Group, Charindex('-', Assigned_Group) + 1,
Len(Assigned_Group)))) + 't...@client.com'), SLM_EMAIL_BCC =
'serviced...@gssamerica.com' where Incident_Number = '$Incident_Number$' and
Assigned_Group like '%TIER 2%'

Can you help me???  Just to re-iterate, the SQL works perfect from SQL
Enterprise Manager (just changing the $Incident_Number$ to a real number) so
I know it is not a simple SQL error.

Thanks,

Scott