Mac,
yes I now see that mid-tier 7.1 is an option.

Dennis,
I thought I had to have mid-tier at the same level as ARS (6.3) to use
web services. Thanks for the tip.
I don't foresee using web services in near future, at least not until
ARS is upgraded as well, so I am think of going with 7.1.

Thank you guys.