If the Status is assigned the value it already has, this is considered a
Status update and will change the Status History values.  Otherwise, this
behaviour is not what I have seen.  Check that workflow does not make an
assignment to the Status field including a redundant assignment.  Run
logging.  Also, the modified date field should reflect the same time as the
status history update.

In any event, this field is generally of limited use since it does NOT track
status changes but rather only tracks the last change to any particular
status.

Cheers
Ben

Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:       mailto:ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:         http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com

A free notepad for Diary fields:
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/downloads/DiaryFieldEditor.htm
An ARS API scripting tool used for migrations, integrations, imports,
reports, extracts, batch jobs:
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/products/SthMupd