I have an On Call system that I created that checks to make sure when someone
adds a person to the schedule that it does not conflict with what's already out
there.

I have them fill out Start Date and an End Date (these are Date/Time Fields).
Have them click on submit that kicks of an active link Guide that loops through
the table of the On Call Schedule.

The first AL in the ALG sets the column Start Date and column End Date fields
to temporary fields (from the on call schedule table) (tmp_StartDate and
tmp_EndDate)

Then the second AL in the ALG simply makes sure that the Start Date and End
Date fields do not over lap ( 'Start Date' < 'tmp_EndDate') AND ( 'End Date' >
'tmp_StartDate')

If they do, I have a tmp_answer field that says "Allow" or "Not Allow"

The third AL in the ALG checks to see if that field (tmp_answer) equals "Not
Allow"   if at any time it does say "Not Allow" then an error message pops up
and the ALG is exited.

Hope this helps....

Lisa