From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Remedy Maniac
Sent: Monday, 20 July 2009 7:06 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Has anyone installed AR System 7.5 using a Sybase DB?

** Kali,

look at page 36 of Installation guide.
Sybase is supported. At least another couple of years.
Cheers
S.

Kali Obsum wrote:

        **
        Hi,

        We're having problems with the Remedy 7.5 Installation using a
Sybase DB. We contacted BMC Support and pointed us to a defect in AR
System 7.5:

        SW00317531 The pre-created database feature for Sybase is not
supported in AR System 7.5.00. (from Release Notes with Known Issues
dated Jan 2009)

        He then proceeded to tell us that you can't install 7.5 using a
Sybase DB (but I'm not really convinced how true this is).

        In line with this, I'd like to ask if anyone has been able to
install Remedy 7.5 using a Sybase Database?

        Regards,
        Kali

        NOTICE

        The information contained in this email is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information in this email in any way. If you received it in error,
please tell us immediately by return email and delete the document. We
do not guarantee the integrity of any e-mails or attached files and are
not responsible for any changes made to them by any other person.

        _Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the
Answers Are"_

Are"_