Oh yeah - good luck on that one Jarl. From my (very old) recollections BMC
never really intended to do much of anything with CS.  In some conversations
with product managers at a RUG I did discover that the intention was to take
some of the workflow and incorporate it over to the ITSM suite.  You can see
some of this in various places throughout ITSM with multi-tenancy,
inbound/outbound customer communication workflow and maybe some of the generic
catalog settings.  So I think that they just sort of hoped that those of us who
were using CS would slowly get the clue to migrate over to ITSM once they got
up to the 7.x ARS version and use whatever is available there.

I also think the real problem is that there were so very few customers even
using CS that it wasn't cost effective for them to continue to try to keep it
as a separate product. I do, however, recall at one point asking about the
possibility of upgrading to 7.x ARS using ITSM 6.x and CS 5.6 and was told I
would still need to keep those environments separate.

So I think in terms of CS 5.6 being supported on 7.5 - you might be able to get
it to work, but in terms of ongoing support I doubt hardly anyone left at BMC
support will even remember it.  I am not supporting that environment anymore so
unfortunately I can't even tell you what the potential pitfalls might be, but I
wish you much luck.  I will be interested in any other comments you get on this
topic.

Candace