From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of bruce sisk
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:02 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Help with Regular Expression

I am new to regular expressions.

I need to limit a field to either 13 characters...or 17 characters...

This is what I came up with:

\b[A-Za-z0-9]{13}\b|\b[A-Za-z0-9]{17}\b

This doesn't seem to work...individually they do...but when joined with the OR
it always fails.

Any help from those who have experience would be appreciated.

How does this belong on the ARSList you ask???  I am working with Kinetic
Request and can use Regular Expressions to validate a field before it is
submitted to Remedy.

I need to throw the error before submitting the request.

Bruce Sisk
BFS Enterprises