I vaguely recall similar questions early this year (Feb) when we were
evaluating Asset Mgmt 7.0.x as part of the ITSM Suite, and there were things
like this "missing" from the purchasing module.  It just seemed incomplete to
me at the time (when we were putting sample data in), but it was not a module
that we would have used heavily since all ordering is done in PoopleSoft here.
I got the impression that it was intended to formulate IT orders that would
then be pushed via web services or an integration to an "enterprise" purchasing
app that would actually do the purchasing.

Have you looked at Asset Management 7.5 to see if this was improved?  I can't
since that is the only ITSM app we don't have, so it isn't on my test suite.
We were actually more interested in Contract and Software License Management,
which were significantly improved in 7.5.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/