Hi all,
I'm trying to install midtier 7.1 on a solaris box with apache 2.2.8 and tomcat
5.5.25.

This apache server hosts many instances of tomcat for use besides Remedy and it
already has parameters configured that mid-tier install seems to ignore, so
it's not working for me. My main tomcat admin is out, so it's not helping much.

Midtier installer writes this at the end of httpd.conf
JkWorkersFile /var/tomcat/.../remedy/conf/arsysworker.properties
JkOptions +ForwardURIEscaped +ForwardURICompatUnparsed

This doesn't work because there is already a line such as...
JkWorkersFile /someotherlocation/workers.properties

...on httpd.conf and you can't set this property twice.

The referenced workers.properties file has lines such as this...note that
remedy specific lines are at the end...as added by tomcat admin:

worker.list= ...,atg_lb, art_lb, wind_lb, rtlt_lb, remedy_lb, jkstatus

worker.basetemplate.host=localhost
worker.basetemplate.type=ajp13
worker.basetemplate.socket_timeout=0
worker.basetemplate.connection_pool_size=1
worker.basetemplate.lbfactor=1

worker.nsdl.reference=worker.basetemplate
worker.nsdl.port=9988
worker.nsdl_lb.type=lb
worker.nsdl_lb.balanced_workers=nsdl

worker.remedy.reference=worker.basetemplate
worker.remedy.port=10288
worker.remedy_lb.type=lb
worker.remedy_lb.balanced_workers=remedy

First issue I see is "remedy" vs. "arsysworker". Looks like I need to have
admin change "remedy" to "arsysworker" or on my side...perhaps rename file
"arsysworker.properties" as "remedy.properties"? Not sure this will suffice.

Or, adding the lines in "arsysworker.properties" directly on the existing
/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
should work?

If I do that...I can leave httpd.conf alone and just add these contents of
"arsysworker.properties" to existing "/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties"?

worker.list=arsysWorker1
worker.arsysWorker1.port=8088
worker.arsysWorker1.host=localhost
worker.arsysWorker1.type=ajp13

Thinking "arsysWorker1" on the first line can be included on the first
"worker.list" line of existing workers.properties.
Second line should go with corrected port number
Last two can probably go as they are.

I might have to replace "arsysworker1" with "remedy" to have it work with my
tomcat admin's setup.

Anybody has anything to say about my musings?

No fun working without much insight into apache/tomcat. I'm blind and just
feeling my way around.