Start by reviewing the AutoAssignment form that lists each service type as a
check box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Foy, Nathan <nathan....@servicemaster.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Fri, Sep 4, 2009 4:39 pm
Subject: Modifying Service Types

**

Can anyone give me some quick insight on the potential impact to ITSM if the
Service Types?on Incident are modified?

?

Out-of-box they are User Service Restoration, User Service Request,
Infrastructure Restoration, or Infrastructure Event. The possibility of
changing these are being floated around now as an attempt to make the service
types "make more sense" to the end user. They've also requested that we tie
these Service Types into the available Operational Categorization choices. By
selecting a particular Service Type the menu for Operational Categorization
Tier 1 would change accordingly.

?

I am trying to put together an impact analysis and hopefully persuade them from
modifying this data.? Any thoughts and/or insight?

?

Thanks,

?

Nathan Foy

Remedy & Systems Support

IBM Global Technology Services

E-Mail: n...@us.ibm.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment(s),
is confidential information that may be privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or if you received this message in error, then
any direct or indirect disclosure, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the ServiceMaster Help Desk immediately by calling
(866) 597-4321 and by sending a return e-mail; delete this message; and
destroy all copies, including attachments.

Thank you.