Thanks for the info - we have been able to get the client (v7.1) to run
by installing the software on a virtual box and then copying the install
dir over to our local Windows 7 box - I was just hoping to get a proper
install done.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Ruble
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:16 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Windows 7 x64 and Remedy user clients

Mike,
We ran into the same thing on 7.5 with the disk space issue.  I opened a
call with BMC and got the following response:

"Windows 7 falls under the "or higher release" part of the BMC
compatibility Matrix and thus will be supported upon its GA release
later this year.  Note that since Windows 7 has not yet been released,
it wouldn't be supported until Microsoft GA's it."

An analyst here said he was able to get the 6.3 client to install.  We
did not try 7.1.

Regards,
Dennis Ruble

Mike Pugh <mike.p...@americansystems.com>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

09/09/2009 07:59 AM

Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

cc

Subject

Windows 7 x64 and Remedy user clients

**

Has anyone successfully installed the User client on Windows 7 64-bit?
I've tried running the install for 7.1 and it fails miserably, and then
the installer for 7.5 (even while running as admin and w/ compatibility
mode) can't properly calculate disk space and thinks there's 0MB
available so it won't get far enough to install.

Thanks

Mike Pugh
Senior Software Engineer

13990 Parkeast Circle
Chantilly, VA 20151
www.AmericanSystems.com <http://www.americansystems.com/>

phone: (703) 968-5265
mobile: (571) 296-7485
mike.p...@americansystems.com <mailto:mike.p...@americansystems.com>

"Contractor of the Year - 5th Annual Greater Washington Government
Contractor Awards"

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information in this email is confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the
unlawful.

Are"_

Mike Pugh
Senior Software Engineer