From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:36 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Deleting Demo account (UNCLASSIFIED)

Very old versions of some products required the Demo account during
installation (Palm Link, Approval Server, others?) but I do not know of
anything that works that way any more.  This was in the 4.x years that this
was the case.

There are other accounts in the system that have default usernames, such as
MidTier User, Remedy Application Service, AR_ESCALATOR, Distributed Server,
and some others.  Most of these have an option to change the default
password and the later versions of Remedy (7.? and higher) require you to
define a password as the default password can no longer be used.

Axton Grams