Good morning, afternoon and evening all,

4 weeks after going live, we saw that our incident numbers had increase from
a starting point of 245,000 to over 900,000. However, the system has only
added 40,000 tickets.

First we are on 7.1 patch 5 and running ITSM 7.0.3 patch 8, on 4 servers, in
a server group. We have the pre-cache of IDs set for 100. In an analysis of
the tickets in the system we have seen some gaps of anywhere between 3 and
250 (we cannot find any larger then 250).

For example on one day, you would have INCxxxxxx (then a gap of 8) then
INCxxxxx (then a gap of 40) then INCxxxxx (gap of 81) and then it would be
back to normal.

There is nothing in the logs at this point, other than a couple of
heartbeats lost in the server group logs (I looked at all 4 boxes).

Per BMC, we are going to run sql logging and try an match it up with the
heartbeat losses and then we might disable the pre-cache of the IDs.

My question to the group has anyone ever seen something like this?

As always thanks,

Howard

--
Howard Richter