Speaking from past experience, each major version of the ARServer
supports one version of the Oracle client.  For 7.x, this is the 10g
client.  I would expect that in a later major version release,
ARServer will support a later version of the Oracle client.  The
reason that only one Oracle client is support is because when ARServer
is compiled, it is linked against a specific version of the Oracle
client.  Support for multiple versions of the Oracle client by
ARServer would require a separate build and it has not been the
general practice to have multiple builds of ARServer for a given
version with the exception of platform and db flavor.

On the db server, you should be safe using 9i, 10g, or 11g as Remedy
does not utilize any features specific to the database server that
would warrant the use of a specific version.

These are just my observations based on past experience and do not
imply any future direction of the Remedy product line.  Please consult
the product compatibility matrix to ensure you are running a supported
configuration.

Axton Grams

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.