Any reason why you cannot do a hot database backup and restore that in the
lower environments? It should be much faster too...

-Guillaume

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of Garrison,
Sean (Norcross)
Sent: Thu 09/24/09 8:34 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Help with exporting an Oracle DB ....

We have a 24x7 remedy system that runs on an Oracle DB.  We are trying to get
an export from production into our lower environments.  We are unable to just
lock out users in order to do an export.  Whenever we try to do this the count
of the "T" vs "H" tables are different.  Basically what is happening is oracle
is exporting the "H" tables first and then later gets to the "T" tables.  In
between the exports new records were created on a form which causes the "T"
tables to have more records than the "H" tables do.  There is an option called
"Consistency=Yes" when doing an export that is supposed to go back and synch up
all of the data but from our experience that isn't happening.  The export
doesn't have to be real-time but does have to have consistent data.  I was
wondering if there was a way to pass in an date into the export file so that no
records created after a certain date get included -- or something to that
effect.  Any suggestions or ideas on how to get an Oracle export of a Remedy db?

Thanks,

Sean

Michael (Sean) Garrison
Remedy Developer - Senior