From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:57 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Email won't stop on server shutdown

**
This is Solaris - AR 7.1 patch 006 with the corresponding email engine.  We
also have IM 7.03, etc, installed which is irrelevant in this case.

When I stop the server the email daemon won't stop.  I always have to manually
kill it and I'm unsure why - didn't find anything in the list archives either.

The emaild.sh script appears to run and kill arserverd, the armonitor, and then
any process with the same parent process id.  However, when I do a ps -ef |
grep <uid> I always see the parent process id for the email process as a
slightly different number (+1) from the other parent process id.

Is this a configuration issue?  I have the same problem across three servers.
It's not a show stopper by any means but it's a little annoying.

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.
wrentf...@stratacominc.com
Corporate Website, www.stratacominc.com