All,

I know it is not Friday yet. However, I got a chuckle from the thread
and wanted to share my observation on it all the same. (Maybe someone
will agree or at least find my observation funny.)

I really get frustrated with the English language from time to time.
And this thread is a good example of why I do.

Acronyms are not precise things.
Acronyms that are vendor specific and are used without the context of
the vendor being mentioned, tend to be even more imprecise.

SMS != MS-SMS

just like

ARS != BMC ARS

Do a quick search on Google for "ARS" and see all of the "non BMC",
"non Action Request System" things that pop up.
  Ars Technica
  Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing Service | ARS – American ...
  "ARS : Home" --> www.ars.usda.gov/
  Arizona Revised Statutes
  ARS | Artists Rights Society
 (and the list goes on)

Maybe someday the human race will have a language that precisely
describes all things with unique, and obvious, nouns.

However, I fear that day, if it ever arrives, will be long after I am
dead. Sigh.

Thanks for the chuckle. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled Thursday. :)

--
Carey Matthew Black
BMC Remedy AR System Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.