In the Email Messages form are the inbound Chinese characters in the Plain Text
Body or the HTML body?  Also what version ARS and database (and did you install
with Chinese Unicode support)?

Fred

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kemes, Lisa
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:26 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Email Engine Unicode?

**
We have people that create tickets by creating an email and sending to our
system.

i.e (this is just a portion).  I've X'd out the sensitive info….

Schema: Log Call
Server: XXXXXXX.com
Login: XXX
Password: XXXXX
Action: Submit
Call Type !536870992!: REQUEST
Priority !630100050!: PR6
Network ID* !630100045!: US052825
Building !536870943!: 161
Details !630100060!: Test for Unicode.  泰科电子资讯系统联络人

When they send this to our system, the AR System Email Messages INBOUND email
message shows the Chinese Characters, but when the data is pushed over into the
Log Call form, the Chinese Characters are turned into ??????'s.

Is this something that we can fix?  It seems like it's breaking down when they
email is getting parsed and moved into the Log Call form.

Lisa Kemes
AR System Developer
Tyco Electronics
717-810-2408 tel