This is one reason I front all of our Tomcat servers with Apache+mod_jk.
Adding a forced redirect or URL rewriting is trivial, and requires no
changes to Tomcat or html files.

Tony Worthington | Sr. Technical Analyst | Kohl?s Department Stores
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive | Menomonee Falls, WI  53051 | office: (262)
703-7763 | e-mail: tony.worthing...@kohls.com