From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of LJ Longwing
Sent: November 13, 2009 6:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Date Format - US/UK

I have a table field that does a descending sort on 'Create Date'.  This of
course shows the most recently created records first.  When looking at this
table before doing the locale I see records created today at the top of the
list '11/13/2009'.  When I apply the GB locale and perform the same search,
I get ....hmmm...ok...the difference is that the app server I was using
locale vs. no-locale didn't have anything created after Oct 30th....never
mind on the sorting problem...:)

The real question I was asking though was this.  'How to handle this
properly'...is setting a locale on a specific users profile the best way, or
should I be able to stand up a 'UK' MidTier server and anyone that logs into
it gets the proper date format?