Just wanted to share with anyone else who might be considering this type
of installation, where we have an older 5.6 version of Help Desk on an
AR Server 6.3 in a Windows environment.  We have just built out new
Windows 2008 servers, installed ARS 7.5 and Help Desk 5.6 with no issues
noted.  Keep in mind that this is NOT an upgrade and we will, of course,
have to deal with bringing over our own customized defs, data and
applications from the old server but the installation was almost
painless and I was concerned about Help Desk 5.6 installation, but it
went without a hitch. I will be glad to share any mishaps or learnings
from this as I proceed, so please let me know if anyone out there is
interested in this specific type of implementation and I will try to
keep you posted on our progress.

:-)

Candace DeCou

DOI Remedy Systems Analyst