Hi all,

I'm working with a new employer that is making the transition from ITSM 6 to 7
and they are learning the pains associated with some decisions they made that
they thought were unrelated.  I'm referring to Crystal mostly since a few print
features transitioned from ar reports to crystal ones.  My new friends here
don't have a crystal server set up anywhere and are now contemplating their
options.

I can look things up on the compatibility matrix and will when it comes time to
tell them what they need to buy if they choose to buy at all.  What I can't
look up so easily is where things are going in the future.  Some of you might
know or have an educated guess that would help.  I'm not looking for the
official BMC line here because I should be able to look that up on their
website, right?  8)  I'm wondering if some of you might share what you've heard
on where things might be going.

Specifically, I'm wondering if there are any changes in the weather forecast
regarding how much the crystal report objects are integrated into ITSM.
Ownership of applications can change and cause that butterfly wing flapping
half way around the world that creates the typhoon for us.

Any thoughts?

-al

Alfred Differ
no.addr...@somemysteriousgovernmentcontractor.mil  8)