Thanks, Guillaume.  That's a good suggestion.  I'll have to give that some more
thought.

Lyle

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Guillaume Rheault
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Tracking Power Equipment in CMDB

**

You're right, I think it was CMDB 1.x that did not have the Equipment class.

In any case in CMDB 7.5, the Equipment class has no new attributes, only the
ones from BaseElement.

You can use the product categorization to define the types of equipment, with
the specific attributes lumped together in the 'Additional Information' or 'CI
Description' fields. Or you can create new attributes if needed.