Misi -

We have the same issue.  We run with dev cache mode off in production and
are required to bounce the server (extending the outage by at least 10+10
minutes) to flip in and out of dev cache mode.

I have also found that making changes with dev cache off is risky, and has
caused serious issues with timeouts halfway through object changes.

The re-cache events can be captured in the thread logs, with the
additional server config file setting of:

Copy-Cache-Logging: T

This is the first initial build...

<THRD> /* Sun Nov 15 2009 02:36:12.1180 */ InitServerCache Begin
<THRD> /* Sun Nov 15 2009 02:43:38.1260 */ InitServerCache End:
rpcCallProc=0 tid=2708

And subsequent recaches..

<THRD> /* Sun Nov 15 2009 10:28:47.2310 */ CopyCache Begin:
rpcCallProc=10002 user="Remedy Application Service" tid=2708 rpcId=0
<THRD> /* Sun Nov 15 2009 10:30:30.8860 */ CopyCache End
<THRD> /* Sun Nov 15 2009 10:38:01.5740 */ FreeServerCache: rpcCallProc=94
user="tibco" tid=532 rpcId=286130

I am excited for the pre-load settings of 7.5 -- and am hoping it will
alleviate the time-out issues by allocating more threads and specifying
"No" for at init only -- thereby allowing small admin changes, while
leaving the server in non-dev cache mode.

Tony

Tony Worthington | Sr. Technical Analyst | Kohl?s Department Stores
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive | Menomonee Falls, WI  53051 | office: (262)
703-7763 | e-mail: tony.worthing...@kohls.com