From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARS 7.5 using PAM authentication

Brian,

If your OS supports PAM and you only want authentication information
from PAM then I think that you only need to do two things.

You need to do is to turn on the "Cross Ref Blank Password" setting
and have the user's record have no password in the User form.

However, you may need to NOT be using any AREA plugin to make this
work too. Check the docs for details.

--
Carey Matthew Black
BMC Remedy AR System Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Brian Pancia <panc...@finityit.com> wrote:
> **
>
> Has anyone developed a AREA plug-in for PAM Authentication?  Used for both
> client and mid-tier authentication.
>

> Regards,
> Brian
>
> _Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the Answers