From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Lyle Taylor
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:15 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Using AIE to restore Asset Data

**
Are you saying that you have a backup of the Asset data that was in Remedy?
Does that backup include the Reconciliation ID?  If it does, then you don't
need to match on anything, you would simply need to do a Merge between the
datasets, because everything should already be matched up (by definition,
anything that has a recon id (something other than zero) is already matched to
something, so it doesn't try to identify it again).  You might need to define
Precedence rules to only set the fields that have gone missing (to avoid
overwriting any other data that may have changed since the backup), though.

Lyle