Hi Lyle,

The enum selection for ARValueStruct is an integer.  If you want the label
or string you need to derive the associated integer.  There are two strings
available.  One is the "definition" string and the other is a view based
label.  In the English or - generally - default view the two strings are the
same.

You will need the ARLimits struct for the field in q through ARGetField.
Then you can go through the list of strings and convert the string to an
integer.  This is the "definition" string.  You will need to do much more to
get the view based string.

Caution.  There are three types of enums (since 5.12 which was a major
release!) - one of which has never been implemented (at least not by any
clients).  You determine the values and process the ARLimits is based on the
enum type.

Meta-Update handles all this of-course.  And no special import code is
needed.  Import scripts are generally trivial to write - say two hours for a
reasonably complex one.

Cheers
Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com>
mailto:Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/>
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com

A free notepad for Diary fields:
 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/downloads/DiaryFieldEditor.htm>
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/downloads/DiaryFieldEditor.htm
An ARS API scripting tool used for migrations, integrations, imports,
reports, extracts, batch jobs:
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com

  _____