Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you out there have any experience dealing with how the
US federal government names approved software that may be installed on their
servers.  I'm working a Navy contract and I'm learning the ropes regarding
DADMS, their naming approach, id's and all that stuff.  From what I've seen so
far they don't use the names I see as product dictionary entries.  However, I
need to help my customer know what they have installed relative to DADMS since
that is how they get certified.

If anyone has written up anything on this, I'd appreciate a pointer.  I've got
a few slow days ahead where I can get a lot of reading done.  Without that, I'm
contemplating the 'suite' concept as a wrapper even when the wrapper only has
one item inside.

Any insights?

We are currently on ITSM 7.0.3 running on the 7.1 ARS platform.  If there is
stuff in 7.5 that would make my life easier, just say so.  I'm itching for a
reason to push for it on the approved list around here.  8)

-al

Alfred Differ, Sr Remedy Developer
New Directions Technologies, Inc.