But this would not be stored in the SystemStorage table right?  I  store
the applications as products.

In a message dated 12/28/2009 6:07:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
alfred.differ....@navy.mil writes:

BMC has  a white paper that will probably help you.  I've been working
through it  asking similar questions.

White paper:  Using the CDM and  Extensions to Model Business Entities

I'm not sure if MS Exchange  shows up as a product or package, but I am
pretty sure it shows up as one of  them for the 'installed' nature of the
software and as applications and  software servers for their 'running' nature.
The white paper has us  using the 'hosted system component' type of
dependency relationship to hook  the 'installed' stuff to their related
computer
systems.

For databases,  remember that the concept of a database is somewhat
virtual.  The data is  organized in a logical fashion by the software server,
but
it lives on storage  units that might not be in the same physical machine.  I
was taught to  use the database storage instances to represent what is
going on at the  hardware level while the database instances show things at the
logical  level.