From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Drew Shuller
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARDBC LDAP Active Directory question

Thank you Fred, that's very helpful. After some googling I was able to
generate a query using the MMC console, which was helpful in that I
got to see a lot of columns of data all in one place.

Thanks for the query string. My guy wanted to see what Remedy was
generating...no one can see that in Remedy itself but it looks like
one can figure it out and build it because an LDAP/AD query is an
LDAP/AD query, so to speak.

My only other problem (AD-wise that is) is the mismatch between the
samAccountName attribute length and the 6.3 RequestID field length,
which causes blank entries in the vendor form. Oddly enough I can see
the name in the Results list but not in the fields of the form itself.
I suggested that we truncate the samAccountName field to 15 characters
and put the result in an unused AD attribute and then use that for the
Request ID map. Any suggestions on that? Has this been handled in the
Remedy versions released after the stone age? Not that I'm knocking
6.3, I kinda like it, it gives me a nice warm fuzzy. :-)

Drew
Soto Cano