Jason,

The Service looked like it was running but there were entries in the error.log
file that pointed to a dropped network connection or DB unavailable.
General network error. Check your network documentation. (SQL Server 11)
SQL Server does not exist or access denied. (SQL Server 17)
Cannot open database "ARSystem" requested by the login. The login failed. (SQL
Server 4060)

Then all night long the error.log was filled with
Dispatch : Timeout during database query -- consider using more specific search
criteria to narrow the results, and retry the operation (<servername removed>)
ARERR - 94
Distrib : Timeout during database query -- consider using more specific search
criteria to narrow the results, and retry the operation (ARERR 94)

This happened every 6 minutes until they called me at 6 AM and I kick started
the Portmapper.
Thanks,

---
John J. Reiser
Senior Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me