I couldn't agree with you all more.  I suppose that's why they always say to
take a database backup before performing patches and upgrades...

Lyle

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Guillaume Rheault
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:57 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy ITSM 7.6 Upgrade warning

**
You make excellent points Rick.

If the upgrade breaks because of the BMC installer, and management has no
confidence in the Remedy administrator (be it employee or consultant), the
reputation of the administrator is damaged and BMC cannot repair that easily.
On the other hand, the company will view BMC's products as deficient in
quality, which does not help BMC either; it will be like Microsoft: wait for
service pack 1 (path 1 or 2), etc

Guillaume