When a window is opened as a dialog window the data does not appear
automatically. Normally an active link has to retrieve it with a set fields
action from the server using something passed up from the form that the
dialog is opened from (in theory you could pass all data up from the form
but, in my opinion, this is unlikely). So I would check to see if this is
the case and if it is make sure your active link is firing after it. Firing
on "window open" should be adequate as long as you have the sequence
correct.

When the window loaded option was introduced all Remedy developers had to go
through their workflow and move the "window open" option to "window loaded"
to get the functionality back. Only then to find it didn't work on dialog
windows and had to go back and put workflow for dialog windows to "window
open" again. Very often it was difficult to identify workflow specific to
dialog windows, particularly with the ITSM product at that time, so most
developers took the easy option to click both window open and window loaded.
In my opinion this is an anomaly. If I want to set a value into a field say
on a normal window, I have to fire the AL on window loaded. Yet the same
action on a Dialog window has to be done on a window open!

Brian Bishop