De: Peter Romain <p.romain.arsl...@parsolutions.co.uk>
Objet: Re: CMDB live data refresh
À: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date: Lundi 25 Janvier 2010, 13h41

The merge job should be updating your production dataset.

If you look at the merge job you will see the date that it last ran (Last
Activity Time).

All data in the import dataset that has a modified time greater than this
time will be merged.

I assume that the recon job is triggering after the AIE import job? If not
then set the schedules so that this happens.

Check also:
- that the last modified date on newly updated CIs is being set (is it
possible that this field is being mapped in AIE and not being changed?)
- that there is no qualification on the merge job that might be excluding
the CIs that should be being updated.
- that the merge precedence set in the merge job is allowing the
production dataset to be updated

Cheers

Peter

> Dear all,
>
> CMDB 2.1 patch03
>
> Surely there is a simpler way of doing this.
>
> A client uses the AIE to read CI data from some remote database. He
created a dataset IMPORT.SAP which holds the data read from this data.
> He then run a reconciliation job (identification and merger activity) to
create the production dataset BMC.ASSET.

> The AIE runs once a day to refresh the IMPORT.SAP with new CI records
and
> updated ones. However the BMC.ASSET dataset does not get updated with
new
> changes to the IMPORT.SAP.
>
> Is there anyway you can update the BMC.ASSET without having to create a
Compare Job and fire workflow to do the update. I can't see how you
could
> do this in a merge activity unless I haven't read the manual properly.
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> frex

> Platinum Sponsor:rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are"