There is no one size fits all or 'valid' default. If you have well written
application, unlimited is not a problem. If you have poorly written
applications, 1000 may be too high.

All of these configuration parameters have a direct impact on the perceived
usability of the system.  If your system has conditioned people to do things
in an inefficient way, turning these knobs will help with performance, but
you're going to have an angry mob at your door.

Axton Grams