>From the file names it looks like you have downloaded the installers, and
not the files that need to be replaced. You will need to install the patch
just like as if you are installing the product. the installer will backup
the current directories and install the new files.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Ravi
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: AR Remedy Patch installation question

I am planning to install Patch 8 for the AR email engine. Is it ok to
install this without installing Patch 8 for the AR server?

Also are there any instructions on how to install the email patch 8? What do
I do with email.solaris.tar.gz. All the document says is "Uncompress
email.aix.tar.gz, email.hpux.tar.gz, email.linux.tar.gz, and
email.solaris.tar.gz". Do I just untar this in my ar directory and start the
remedy server?

TIA
Ravi