Remedy Knowledge Management can query in attaced documents to RKM entries. It will not search in external databases.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Castleman <joe.castle...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wed, Jan 27, 2010 12:13 pm
Subject: Remedy as eDiscovery

Does anyone know of Remedy being used for legal eDiscovery?
(Obviously, this is not its intended function.)

More generaly, has anyone devised - or does anyone know of - a way to
search within attached files, or for that matter, files residing
within some other system? (e.g., from within Remedy, search 6000
emails for a particular keyword).  I have seen some earlier messages
about interfacing with Documentum.  But outside of APIs, I'm thinking
the simplest way to do this is to attach a file, and then use data
files to store metadata about the file.

Thanx in advance,

Joe Castleman

______