From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Ruble
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:04 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: need info

**
Joe,
It means that all 3 components(ARSystem, MidTier, and Admin Tool) need to be on
the same side of that 7.0.1 patch 004 threshold.  For example, if you have
ARSystem 7.0.1 patch 003 or below and have a MidTier at 7.0.1 patch 004 or
above, existing web services may not work.  I say "may" because there might be
some that do continue to work -- I can just tell you that all of ours failed
and we had to rewrite.  Also, if you have ARSystem 7.0.1 patch 004+ and MidTier
7.0.1 patch 004+, and try to create a web service with Admin tool 7.0.1 patch
003 or below, the web service you create will not work.  They've all 3 got to
be above or below that threshold.

The thing that that line in the matrix doesn't say that perturbed me is that
web services need to be recreated when crossing the threshold.  Our experience
was that the web services written in 6.3 would not work when we crossed the
threshold.  They had to be rewritten using an upgraded admin tool on an
upgraded AR System with an upgraded MidTier.

For what its worth, I read the line in the matrix and didn't understand the
implications until hit over the head with it.

In Amit's situation, if he doesn't have web services he's probably OK today.
Like you we're running 7.1 midtier instead of 7.5 though, so not sure.
However, if he tries to create a web service in that mixed configuration it
will not work per my experience because one component will be above the
threshold and one is below.

Hope that helps!

Dennis