ARS 7.5 patch 003
Atrium CMDB 7.5 patch 003

Hi Listers,

Administrators are supposed to have full access to the Atrium Console per
documentation even though you lose access to the 'Class Manager'
application once you map a group to the Role tied to accessing the 'Class
Manager' application. This is not the issue I'm having but I wanted to
mention it just in case it may have any bearing to the issue I have now. I
also believe this issue occurred even before I mapped a role to 'Class
Manager'.

The problem I have now is while performing actions within the 'Explorer'
application, you all of  a sudden are not able to perform any searches
from the "Find" section any more. i.e it doesn't show you any results no
matter how open you leave your qualification and yes, I've checked the
dataset value I'm searching against.

I've noted how this begins. First, when you click on the 'Explorer' icon,
you get the clock icon which spins once or twice but then disappears
without opening the default "BMC  ASSET" view. The "Classes" section is
also blank. Within the "New View" icon I go and select "BMC ASSET" to open
the view. I then try to perform a search from the "Find" section setting
the Dataset option to "BMC Asset", but I come up with no results. Once
this behavior starts, you're unable to close the 'Explorer' window. You'd
have to exit out of the browser or user tool to exit out of it.

My current work around is to permission a different user with
"Administrator" privileges and then use this user. Once I do that,
everything starts working okay for a while and then the same behavior
starts again.

Hope someone has come across this issue because I've run out of options
including : Restarting the webserver, servlet engine (tomcat 5), deleting
the cache and cachetemp folders, and flushing the midtier cache.

TIA,
Chike

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.