From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of L G Robinson
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 5:47 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Help with Sybase indexes

Hi Folks,

I need some Sybase help regarding indexes.

I am migrating from Sybase to Oracle and I want to compare the two systems
to make sure that the Oracle system has all of the same indexes on the
T-tables as currently exist in the Sybase system. I don't doubt that they
were there originally as a result of the workflow import that I did to
create the Oracle system. I just want to make sure that I have not
inadvertently messed any of the indexes up while I have been working in the
Oracle system and copying data over (Thanks Misi!!!).

On the Oracle side, I can do the following:

SELECT s.name as "Form Name", b.column_name, a.table_name, a.index_name,
a.uniqueness,a.index_type
FROM USER_INDEXES a, USER_IND_COLUMNS b, arschema s
WHERE a.index_name = b.index_name AND cast(s.schemaId as varchar2(40)) =
substr(a.table_name,2) AND substr(a.table_name,1,1) = 'T'
ORDER by 1,2;

This gives me exactly what I need. However, I have been spelunking through
the Sybase system tables all day and I can not seem to locate all of the
information I need. I can see "almost" everything in the "sysindexes" table.
However, I do not see the name or id number of the column that the index is
built upon. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I sure don't see
it.

Anyone have any insights into how to accomplish the above in Sybase?

Thanks.
Larry

ARS:    5.1.2
Sybase: 12.5.2
Oracle: 10.2.0.4.0

Larry Robinson                                   n...@ncsu.edu
Office of Information Technology
NC State University                              919-515-5432 Voice
Raleigh, NC  27695-7109                          919-513-0877 FAX