We refresh our DEV and TEST environment frequently.
We want our Test environment most like production to reduce issues, come
time moving DEV customizations over it makes it more thorough.
If they fail in TEST they will fail in production,  or at least you can
get your steps noted and mastered for the import to production.
Here are the steps I take.

Steps prior to a DB refresh
1:  Export the Licenses to a file.
2:  Note Email mailbox configurations and settings.  (server user and
password, etc)

Steps after a DB refresh
1:  Copy Production REMEDY DB  to Server B on correct port (our Oracle DBA
does this step)
2:  Restart AR Service
3:  Reimport the correct ARSYSTEM.LIC file from Backup License file done
in Steps prior to a DB refresh.
4:  Change the Server Name information on forms CAI Application Registry,
CMS Configuration Management
5:  Change AR system Email Mailbox Configuration ? Change the incoming
configuration server user to correct Test or DEV mail user and password.
Double check the Outgoing mailbox address to make sure it reflects the
TEST email instead of PROD.
6:  SYS:Attachments form ? Change the Survey Link to show correct server
names.
7:  AP:Notifications  - Check any custom notifications with Server links..
8:  EIE:Applications Settings form
9:  Restart all Services that are automatic.
Don't forget Midtier
10:  Log into the Midtier Configuration console and Flush Cache.

Hopefully this helps.
JK

Pat Zandi <remedy...@gmail.com>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
03/06/2010 07:36 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Refreshing the DB for ITSM 7.1.0

**
Good thing ur not using srm the only way we have found to move stuff is db
level.  Migrator and def files do not work.   Pain pain pain

Sent from my iPhone