**
Thank you to the person that helped me off-list.  For posterity, here was the fix:
-----
The ‘Advanced Search’ is one of the fields in the list of options.

If you don’t see it – do this:
1. Login to Admin Console
2. Go to Manage Groups -> Modify Group . Select the Group Name that this rule is being built for, Click Next
3. In the Next Screen ,  Hover the mouse cursor over Editing <Group Name> (The first link in the navigation section)
4. Click on Permissions
5. Under View Personalization Console, there is an Option ‘Use Advanced Search for Rules and Alerts’. Check that Option
6. Click Apply Changes
7. Go to Manage Rules -> Create Rules.
8. Type in  Rule Name. Click Next
9. You will be able to see a new option in the list of fields known as “Advanced Search Statement”. Click Next
10. Select the ??? in the Advanced Search Statement
11. Type in the Qualification. I guess in your case, it will be 'Corporate ID' != $NULL$
12. Click Next and finish creating the rule
-----

These steps are 100% accurate.  The thing that tripped me up (once the option was enabled) was to look for the checkbox for "Advanced Search Statement" in the LIST OF FIELDS.  Once that is checked, and the apply changes button is clicked, then you get a place where you can enter you an advanced qualification.

Score one more for the arslist!  :-)

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer