Hello,

We are trying to figure an approach for operational and product
categorizations:

A technical write-up suggested the following for Operational
Categorizations:

Model #1
Tier 1:  install (verb)
Tier:2:  Telecommunication (service) Software
Tier 3:  Voicemail (CMDB Asset)

I remember reading that there was some value in having the CMDB asset on
Tier 3.

Model #2 option was:
request
network
create account

With Model #2, the CMDB asset is not listed, and we would need to  combine
the Ops with the product categorizations in order to capture the  asset.
What are the advantages of one option over the other?

Is there any loss if we just use the Operational categorizations?  Are
these 6 fields (Ops and Prod categories) mandatory usually? or are just the Ops
 normally required fields?

I am building the service catalog to start building Operational
Categorizations.  Does anyone have any recommendations; lessons  learned.  This
is
painful.  I have a team that just wants to map  the CTI's  into the Operational
Categorizations.