I would ask if anything on the LDAP side changed.  Would a new group policy on
that side override your password?

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From:         strauss <stra...@unt.edu>
Date:         Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:41:05
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: ARS 7.5 User Cache Gremlin

This week we started seeing a brand new gremlin on our two ARS 7.5.00.004 -
ITSM 7.6.00.001 servers.  The Demo account gets flagged as having an "INVALID"
password overnight.  If you reset its password, it's good for the day, but the
next morning it is not valid again.  When you look at the actual record in the
dbo.user.cache table on the SQL Server, the password value is "INVALID".  When
you look in the User form, there is a valid-looking encrypted value in field
102 (password), not an INVALID flag, so this is happening in the User cache!!

Has anyone (a) seen this on their system, (b) located the obscene code or
process that must be doing this, and (c) figured out how to kill it off?

Needless to say, it's an unacceptable behavior, and we can't just blank out the
password in SQL Server since we have the AREA LDAP authentication integration
active.  It's a good thing that we always have several other
administrator-privileged accounts available.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/