I think I would use the Equipment class for this type of hardware as well.

Thomas Worth
IT Prophets, LLC
two...@itprophets.com

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Tommy Morris
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: CMDB Class for Port Replicator

**

Our company has a port replicator for every laptop issued. What class should
that go in? I am thinking that it should just go in the Equipment class since
there is no processor involved it doesn't fit in as a Computer System and it is
more than a Network device since it connects monitor, keyboard, mouse as well
as network ports and other USB options. What does the list think about this? I
believe it may actually be the last piece of Asset data that I need to import.

AR 7.5 p3

CMDB 7.6 p1

ITSM 7.6

Tommy Morris