We have almost completed the transition from the Remedy ITSM suite to
Service-Now.com.

Both products have strengths and weaknesses (all though my Remedy experiences
ended with 6.3 so take that with a grain of salt).

I am happy with the Service-Now product and all though I am often frustrated,
it is no more than I was during the 9 years I developed and supported Remedy.

I will say it is a highly customizable platform via configuration and
JavaScript.  In a similar fashion to Remedy, they have client side scripts
(Active Links), server side scripts (Filters) and scheduled scripts / jobs
(Escalations).  A big difference is their upgrade strategy as it is the polar
opposite of Remedy.  During an upgrade / patch, no code that you as a customer
have modified or created is touched.  This is a good / bad thing as your
customizations continue to work, but you potentially have missed out on new
functionality and / or bug fixes.

The biggest adjustment for me has been how you develop and support the GUI.
You don't have the drag and drop flexibility as it exists in Remedy.

As for the biggest issue as a corporation, make sure you understand completely
the reporting strategy and what you will and will not be able to report on in
the tool or through another application such as BO.  There are potential
significant limitations on what you will be able to do (specifically centered
around variables and reference fields).

The biggest benefits are going to be for the end-users... there are some pretty
sweet interactive features out of the box for reporting, filtering lists, etc.
I was not around when it was decided to transition from Remedy to Service-Now,
but my impression is that the end-user experience coupled with the TOC of the
licensing model and the SaaS model were the drivers for selecting the product.
This has been no small undertaking and will be a minimum of Q1 2011 before it
is completed.

All cons aside, I am pretty happy with the product and am enjoying the new
challenges associated with it.

Hope this helps,

Scott