HI,

We have Upgraded CMDB 2.1P4 to CMDB 7.6.

Actual Upgraded of the BMC Atrium CMDB, Atrium Impact Simulator, AIE,
Product Catalog is completed without any issues.

But when we try to import the Product catalog Data we were getting the
following error:

D:\AR System\REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDappfiles_cfg.arx: Success

D:\AR System\ REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDapps_cfg.arx: Success

D:\AR System\ REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDfiles_cfg.arx: Success

D:\AR System\ REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDmanufacturer_cfg.arx: Success

D:\AR System\ REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDsuiteapps_cfg.arx: Failed

D:\AR System\ REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDsuites_cfg.arx: Success

D:\AR System\ REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDversioninfo_cfg.arx: Success

Log are showing the following errors when we imported the Product Catalog:

*D:\AR System\REMAPP21\BMC Atrium Core
7.6\dsl\pdl\workflow\en\.\PDL_ESIDsuiteapps_cfg.arx: Failed *

*Zero Records were imported to form PDL:ESIDsuiteapps; 13165 Records were
not. *

*The value(s) for this entry violate a unique index that has been defined
for this form -- schema: PDL:ESIDsuiteapps,….*

Pre-upgrade entries in the PDL:ESIDsuiteapps have *17422* records while the
new .arx file contain *13165 records*

The Solution for Fixing the Product catalog based on our analysis is:

1)      Delete all data in all the forms starting with PDL:ESID*

2)      Rerun the Product Catalog Data Import

But we are concerned the effort involved in deleting all  these forms; also
the doubt of there are the only forms that we need to delete the data?

The Question is:

We like to validate this  approach is right ?

Does anybody faced similar issues while importing the Product Catalog Data
in 7.6 ? If so how to fix this Data?

Your input/feedback is highly appreciated. THANKS!

Environment:

ARS 7.5 p4

CMDB 7.6 p6 with ITSM 7.0.03 Compatibility patch 7000

ITSM 7.0.03p9
Windows 2003, SQL 2005

Thanks,
Viswa