If you are using Oracle, latency is a killer.  See how long the Remedy
server takes to start from across the wan.  If you are on 7.5, the
startup time can be mitigate to a large degree through the
multi-threaded startup process.  If you are on previous versions; you
are probably looking at a 20-90 minute startup time depending on
several factors.

As for the server group capabilities, I don't see any reason that
things would not work as advertised.

It may be a bit tricky getting the network side of things set up
properly depending on how you want things to work.  There are several
paths one can go down.

Axton