Hi Rabi

Yes.  What I mean is YOU do not need to know the API - or programming at
all.

You basically get the power of the API - with no "programming" at all.

A "script" is a "short" ASCII file - like a Windows 3.1 "ini" file.  You get
a few words like Query, QuerySql, File, Loop, to set up iterations, and
Update, Create, Merge to update records in Remedy and Output to create
files.

Scripts can read files including CSVs that other programs like Excel and the
import tool, can't - ones like those you speak of (emails) containing
embedded line feeds in the values and undoubled quotes etc.

You get huge options in your assignments
  - lookups against CSVs, ARS or SQL Queries,
  - regex pattern matching and string extracts,
  - full conditionals,
  - client and server processes including the standard workflow processes
(Application-Generate-GUID, etc).
  - copy attachments from records that you read into updates, or extract
them under a name of your choice.

If you find the time to check it out, there's a trial license request form
that you can fill in.  We are working on a "Script Library" right now.  This
will allow you to download, edit, try, a wide range of pre-built scripts.
With the trial license, we can schedule a 1/2 hr webex where we can install
it and run some of the reporting samples.

Cheers
Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com>
ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/>  <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/>
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/

  _____