It's a bit of an undertaking.  First off, you should make sure that your
hardware can handle the demands of the newer version or that you can
obtains beefier servers.  Then you'll need a learning curve for both
yourself and your company to learn how tickets are handled in 7.6.  Also
you're going from a flat asset to a full CMDB with relationship and
classes.

It's worthwhile to make the move, just understand that you have a bit
of work to do.  Set up a test environment and play with it. If you
haven't had exposure to the later versions of Remedy, you may want to
consider consultants.  It would make the transition much easier.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Manager
(914) 457-6209

Emerging Health IT
3 Odell Plaza
Yonkers, New York 10701

>>> remedyr...@gmail.com 05/17/10 1:52 PM >>>

** What if you went to ITSM 7.6, and used the Best Practice view?  It's
pretty simple to use.

Worst case - you create another view that mimics the look and feel of
the 5.6 application you presently have, and the users continue to use
that.  But I would only do that if there was a sustained, long-term
backlash against the 7.6 BP view that could not be addressed any other
way.

I have upgraded HD 5.x to ARS 7.1, and the compatibility matrix says
that it is supported on 7.5.  I had some minor problems with data
imports, you might as well if you are including Assets, which would, in
an upgrade, need to go into the CMDB.  Apart from that, nothing I
couldn't overcome in a few hours of tweaking data.

Rick

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Brad Terhune <brad.terh...@live.com>